Subscribe to our
FREE ezine. Entering your email address and click subscribe.
HIL Public Course Schedule
Follow Stephen's blog
|Public Course Registration:
8 - 12 April 2013, Auckland, New Zealand
15 - 19 July 2013, Auckland, New Zealand
4 - 8 November 2013, Auckland, New Zealand
$2,495 (excluding GST) / $2869.25 (Including GST)
Course costs exclude exam fees which are paid directly to PMI when submitting your credential application.
The Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI®) is sought after from leading organisations around the globe. It differentiates between those claiming to be project managers and those who wish to professionally demonstrate commitment to their profession, development and careers. The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) is an entry-level credential that enables the holder to demonstrate knowledge of the PMBOK™ Guide, kick start their career, and demonstrate commitment and interest in the profession.
The PMP exam is a four (4) hour exam of 200 multiple choice questions based on the five project management processes identified in PMI®’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK™ Guide) with the percentage of questions against each process defined in the Project Management Professional Examination Specification.
The CAPM exam is a three (3) hour exam of 150 questions that tests knowledge of the PMBOK™ Guide.
The PMBOK Guide 5th Edition, is being released on on 1st January 2013, and is the basis of the exam from 1 July 2013. All 2013 courses recognise the changes and ensure students are ready for whichever exam they sit.
By taking this course you will:
- vastly accelerate and optimise your preparation for the PMP® or CAPM® exams by learning where best to focus your available time
- know your strengths and weaknesses, and address them
- understand key terms and topics essential to exam success
- strengthen your technical understanding of project management
- develop an integrated understanding across all project management knowledge areas and processes
- feel confident about sitting the certification exam
be experienced in exam techniques that increase your success
Who will Benefit?
You are a project manager ready to take the PMI® PMP® exam or you are starting your career as a project manager and want the PMI® CAPM® credential.
PM Knowledge Areas
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communication Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Monitoring and Controlling
- Professional Responsibility
The course combines lecture, discussion and individual exercises and practice exam questions. Course materials include:
- 300+ questions (with answers, explanations and references) covering all PMBOK Guide knowledge areas
- an extensive study guide that provides specific coverage and details on key topics
- a detailed bibliography of suggested reading should you choose to investigate further information
- all presentation materials used during the course
detailed workshop exercises with worked explanations on key topics such as Earned Value Management, Critical Path Method and Expected Value.
Over the programme you will journey through the topics contained in the PMBOK Guide and build a robust knowledge base from which you can confidently approach the exam. Not only will you be comfortable with each knowledge area of the PMBOK Guide, but will also understand how each area of project management interfaces with and impacts on the others. Practice questions will help identify any gaps in your current understanding, and classroom time is spent focused on that which you really need to know.
You will be participating in a programme that has been taught and enhanced since 1995. It was the basis for exam preparation for a number of years within the Project Management Institute New Zealand Chapter (PMINZ) and has been delivered extensively internationally. The material is under continual review and is updated to reflect the latest exam information available.
The course is aligned with the following standards:
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge. Pennsylvania, USA: Project Management Institute (Fourth Edition). (2008).
- Practice Standard for Earned Value Management. USA: Project Management Institute. (2005).
- Practice Standard for Project Configuration Management. USA: Project Management Institute. (2007).
- Practice Standard for Project Estimating. USA: Project Management Institute. (2011).
- Practice Standard for Project Risk Management. Pennsylvania, USA: Project Management Institute. (2009).
- The Practice Standard for Scheduling. USA: Project Management Institute. (2007).
- Practice Standard for Work Breakdown Structures. Pennsylvania, USA: Project Management Institute (Second Edition). (2006).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Examination Content Outline. Pennsylvania, USA: Project Management Institute. (2010).
Click here for summary credential eligibility requirements.
Click here for organisational benefits of PMP training
Refer to the PMI web site (www.pmi.org) for full details and handbooks on credential requirements and application and examination processes.
What participants have to say:
Stephen has an incredible depth and breadth of knowledge of the topic all delivered in a lively and entertaining fashion. Highly recommended.
- Andy, Balclutha (2006)
Having set an objective to obtain PMP. And the struggled to find educational facilities that suited my learning requirements, this course has given me a good understanding of the PMBOK subject matter and the areas I need to focus on in preparation for the exam, with the interaction necessary for me to understand the subject matter.
- Martin, Sydney (2006)
This course was my introduction to PMBOK and formal PM theory. It opened up "a whole new world" for me in terms of my career. Stephen opens up the theory wonderfully, in a way that makes the theory practically valuable.
- Francois, Auckland (2009)
Training approach worked well and has been effective in identifying and filling gaps in my knowledge - highly recommended.
- Mike, Auckland (2011)
Good course, covers the broad range of topics associated with the PMP credential well. Stephen is enthusiastic about the subject material.
Scott, Auckland (2011)
Stephen offers a course with a unique practical insight to address the challenges in preparation for the PMP exam. Highly recommended.
- Kevin, Sydney (2012)
is a trade and service mark registered in the United States and other
nations; “PMP” is a registered certification mark in the
United States and other nations; and “PMBOK” is a trademark
of Project Management Institute, Inc.